13 passengers burnt alive as van hits gas pipeline near Attock
The van was going from Rawalpindi to Peshawar when it collided with the gas pipeline on the roadside, after which, a fire erupted and thirteen passengers perished in the fire.
The bodies of the victims have been severely burnt and therefore, identification through DNA testing may not be possible, the officials said.
Rescue officials and police personnel had arrived at the scene of the incident soon after the blaze was reported and gained control over the fire shortly.
The bodies were then removed from the van and transferred to District Headquarters Hospital Hassan Abdaal.
According to the fire brigade, a number of people are also stuck inside the van. Hospital sources said that women and children are also among the deceased. Meanwhile, the fire has been extinguished.
The identities of the victims could not be ascertained so far. Police have cordoned off the area and started the investigations.
- Turkey’s defence minister calls on Pakistan Army chief12:19 PM | 21 May, 2022
- Pakistan court awards 29-year jail term to man over rape, child ...11:55 AM | 21 May, 2022
- PM Shehbaz congratulates Chinese President Xi on 71st anniversary of ...11:26 AM | 21 May, 2022
- Akbar Nasir Khan replaces Ahsan Younas as Islamabad police chief10:37 AM | 21 May, 2022
- PM Shehbaz, CM Hamza likely to be indicted in money laundering case ...10:11 AM | 21 May, 2022
- Watch - Hania Aamir ignores Iqra Aziz at 'Parde Mein Rehne Do' ...07:38 PM | 20 May, 2022
- Nora Fatehi and Kriti Sanon jump onto the ‘Pasoori’ bandwagon06:32 PM | 20 May, 2022
- TikToker Dolly's new dance video goes viral05:30 PM | 20 May, 2022
- Dollar hits all-time high at Rs19212:45 PM | 12 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022