13 passengers burnt alive as van hits gas pipeline near Attock
The van was going from Rawalpindi to Peshawar when it collided with the gas pipeline on the roadside, after which, a fire erupted and thirteen passengers perished in the fire.
The bodies of the victims have been severely burnt and therefore, identification through DNA testing may not be possible, the officials said.
Rescue officials and police personnel had arrived at the scene of the incident soon after the blaze was reported and gained control over the fire shortly.
The bodies were then removed from the van and transferred to District Headquarters Hospital Hassan Abdaal.
According to the fire brigade, a number of people are also stuck inside the van. Hospital sources said that women and children are also among the deceased. Meanwhile, the fire has been extinguished.
The identities of the victims could not be ascertained so far. Police have cordoned off the area and started the investigations.
- Cyclone Tauktae – Heavy rains kill 4, affect over 42,000 in Sri ...06:14 PM | 16 May, 2021
- US forces leave key Afghanistan military base05:22 PM | 16 May, 2021
- Cyclone TAUKTAE 'will not make landfall on Pakistan's coastal belt'04:52 PM | 16 May, 2021
- FM Qureshi reaffirms Pakistan's unflinching support to Palestinians ...03:38 PM | 16 May, 2021
- ‘New beginnings’ – Ghana Ali all set to tie the knot01:19 PM | 16 May, 2021
- MD Glam on why women should say no to skincare products made from ...10:01 AM | 16 May, 2021
- Ayeza Khan celebrates 9 million Insta followers in style10:06 PM | 15 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021