Imran Khan announces date for oath-taking ceremony
ISLAMABAD - Ending his 22 years long struggle in the fierce political landscape, Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Chairman Imran Khan has said that he will take oath as prime minister on August 11.
According to Radio Pakistan, Khan shared the date of oath taking ceremony while talking to the newly elected lawmakers from Khyber Pakhtunkhwa in Islamabad.
The PM-elect said that the name for the slot of KP chief minister will be announced soon.
Speaking on Sindh, he said alleviation of poverty from interior Sindh will be among the top priorities of the upcoming PTI government.
Earlier, party spokesperson Naeemul Haque had expressed that Khan would take oath on 14th August. It was also reported that the party was looking forward to a public oath-taking ceremony, though no final statement has been released in this regard.
Although the PTI has emerged as the single largest party in the National Assembly after the polls, the official results by the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) show that the party is still short of numbers to form its government independently.
According to the results, the PTI has bagged 115 general seats whereas the PML-N and PPP have won 64 and 43 seats, respectively, however, the parties have started efforts to convince the independent candidates.
To meet the required number of votes, the PTI leadership has reportedly been approaching the Muttahida Qaumi Movement-Pakistan (MQM-P), the Grand Democratic Alliance (GDA), PML-Quaid (PML-Q), and the Balochistan Awami Party (BAP).
- Japan extends grant assistance worth 318m JPY to Pakistan09:15 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- PM Imran welcomes UNSC members for again taking up IIOJ&K dispute08:35 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Shan Masood, Muhammad Abbas uplift Pakistan in first England Test12:59 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Independence Day — PIA announces major cut in fares09:38 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Indian TV actor Sameer Sharma dies by suicide03:26 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Angelina Jolie wants reconciliation between Brad Pitt and kids02:57 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- I had an inferiority complex and grew up applying fairness creams: ...01:31 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020