Imran Khan announces date for oath-taking ceremony
ISLAMABAD - Ending his 22 years long struggle in the fierce political landscape, Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Chairman Imran Khan has said that he will take oath as prime minister on August 11.
According to Radio Pakistan, Khan shared the date of oath taking ceremony while talking to the newly elected lawmakers from Khyber Pakhtunkhwa in Islamabad.
The PM-elect said that the name for the slot of KP chief minister will be announced soon.
Speaking on Sindh, he said alleviation of poverty from interior Sindh will be among the top priorities of the upcoming PTI government.
ECP seeks reply from Imran Khan over violating ... 12:02 PM | 30 Jul, 2018
ISLAMABAD - The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) has ordered the expectedly incoming prime minister and Pakistan ...
Earlier, party spokesperson Naeemul Haque had expressed that Khan would take oath on 14th August. It was also reported that the party was looking forward to a public oath-taking ceremony, though no final statement has been released in this regard.
Although the PTI has emerged as the single largest party in the National Assembly after the polls, the official results by the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) show that the party is still short of numbers to form its government independently.
According to the results, the PTI has bagged 115 general seats whereas the PML-N and PPP have won 64 and 43 seats, respectively, however, the parties have started efforts to convince the independent candidates.
Imran Khan may take oath publicly at D-Chowk, ... 07:37 PM | 29 Jul, 2018
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan’s future prime minister Imran Khan is likely to take oath at D-Chowk in the federal capital ...
To meet the required number of votes, the PTI leadership has reportedly been approaching the Muttahida Qaumi Movement-Pakistan (MQM-P), the Grand Democratic Alliance (GDA), PML-Quaid (PML-Q), and the Balochistan Awami Party (BAP).
- Pakistan Navy ships MOAWIN, ASLAT visit Port Victoria11:25 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Over 5,000 prisoners suffering from HIV/AIDS, fatal diseases in ...10:27 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Kamyab Jawan Programme: PM Imran likely to distribute loan cheques in ...08:26 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Father, son die as vehicle falls into sea in Karachi07:49 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan, Malaysia face identical problems, says PM Imran06:58 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Jonas Brothers drop new video featuring their wives02:38 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ahmed Ali Butt shares a star-studded selfie and we love it!01:47 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- 60-year-old held for swindling men online using niece’s picture01:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019