Hussain Nawaz appears before Panama JIT once again
This is the second appearance of premier's scion before the investigative team that is currently investigating the murky wheeling and dealing of the first family in the backdrop of Panama case verdict.
Earlier, on Sunday, Hussain arrived at the federal judicial academy for the first time and faced a barrage of questions for over two hours.
Hussain reportedly objected to appearing before the JIT without his counsel and sought a questionnaire as well.
Talking to newsmen, Hussain expressed his concerns regarding the trial procedure and showed resentment at being summoned on such a short notice.
However, Hussain Nawaz appeared before the JIT and was instructed to reappear before the team today with relevant record regarding his offshore firms and properties. He was also handed over a questionnaire.
The federal judicial academy garnered spotlight once again when around 2 P.M, an ambulance arrived there raising suspicions about possible health issues of high-profile personalities, however, the vice-chancellor of PIMS Dr. Javed Akram clarified that the ambulance was dispatched on the instruction of JIT members for any emergency situation and no one was ill, currently.
“We are not going to remove any JIT member on mere conjecture unless something concrete comes up because the prime minister is the one being investigated,” remarked Justice Ejaz Afzal Khan, who heads the three-judge implementation bench of the Supreme Court.
The Joint Investigation Team was formulated by the apex court after the Panama case verdict on April 20 to further probe into the revelations put forth by Panama Leaks.
Representatives from Intra Services Intelligence, Military Intelligence, State Bank of Pakistan, Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan and National Accountability Bureau are part of the team headed by Wajid Zia of Federal Investigation Agency.
- Armeena Khan and Ushna Shah call out Karachi Zoo after a viral video ...10:27 AM | 1 Oct, 2020
- 65-years old woman injured in Indian unprovoked firing along LoC09:54 AM | 1 Oct, 2020
- Price of High Speed Diesel reduced by Rs 2.40 per liter09:10 AM | 1 Oct, 2020
- Pakistan's nuclear, strategic capability safe and secure: PM Imran08:53 AM | 1 Oct, 2020
- ECC raises electricity prices, gas meter rent11:41 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- HSY, Feroze Khan discuss initiatives to combat harassment on Live ...08:18 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Super well made: Anoushey Ashraf can’t stop praising ...04:35 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- The fault is not in our laws, our mindset needs to change: Mehwish ...02:59 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020