Asif Hashmi acquitted in ETPB embezzlement case
Special Judge Central Malik Muhammad Rafique conducted the case proceedings and announced the decision after recording statements of witnesses and examining available record.
The Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) had filed the challan against Asif Hashmi wherein he was allegedly held responsible for embezzlement in subvention amount as ETPB chairman.
Hashmi is facing various cases in accountability and other courts with regard to land deals, illegal recruitment, etc.
Hashmi served as the ETPB chairperson between 2008 and 2013. After completing his tenure, he left for Dubai. He returned to Pakistan on February 10, 2018, and the FIA arrested him from Supreme Court premises after it was revealed that he did not secure bail in some cases against him.
- Justice Qazi Faez Isa, wife recover from coronavirus01:17 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- PAKvNZ: Kiwis to tour Pakistan for the first time in 18 years12:30 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- WATCH: Rangers deployed in Bhong after mob ransacks Hindu temple11:35 AM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Pakistan Army Chief calls for resolution of Kashmir dispute as per ...11:09 AM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Nescafe Basement’s Xulfi accused of sexual harassment11:02 AM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Komal Rizvi celebrates 40th birthday with family09:56 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Wife accuses Yo Yo Honey Singh of domestic violence05:34 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021