Asif Hashmi acquitted in ETPB embezzlement case
Special Judge Central Malik Muhammad Rafique conducted the case proceedings and announced the decision after recording statements of witnesses and examining available record.
The Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) had filed the challan against Asif Hashmi wherein he was allegedly held responsible for embezzlement in subvention amount as ETPB chairman.
Hashmi is facing various cases in accountability and other courts with regard to land deals, illegal recruitment, etc.
Hashmi served as the ETPB chairperson between 2008 and 2013. After completing his tenure, he left for Dubai. He returned to Pakistan on February 10, 2018, and the FIA arrested him from Supreme Court premises after it was revealed that he did not secure bail in some cases against him.
- Pakistan to introduce Asia's first ever e-passport service next year11:58 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Olaf Scholz takes over as German chancellor11:40 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Aurangabad 'honour killing': Indian teen arrested for beheading ...11:19 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Indian lover crashes ex-girlfriend's wedding ceremony in viral video11:03 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Pakistani stars condemn Faisalabad incident08:42 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Pakistani filmmaker Samar Khan's 'Out Swing' wins at Sport Film ...05:30 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Kareena Kapoor and Aryan Khan among most searched celebrities in India03:00 PM | 8 Dec, 2021