Solution to challenges facing Muslim Ummah lies in unity, joint efforts: FM Qureshi
He was talking to Secretary General Organization of Islamic Cooperation Yousef Al-Othaimeen on the sidelines of OIC Foreign Ministers Council in Jeddah.
Shah Mehmood Qureshi expressed hope that the OIC Secretary General will review the implementation of the joint decisions taken about Islamophobia in the meeting of OIC Executive Council in March this year.
Excerpt of Minister of Foreign Affairs Shah Mahmood Qureshi Speech to the Ministerial Contact Group on Jammu and Kashmir on the sidelines of the 14th Session of the Islamic Summit Conference Jeddah (29.05.19)#PTI #Pakistan 🇵🇰 #OICMakkahSummit #OICSummit #Kashmir @SMQureshiPTI pic.twitter.com/ylWLB1hzvG— PTI (@PTIofficial) May 29, 2019
He said these decisions included the writing of letter on the subject of Islamophobia to the UN Secretary General, contact with the concerned telecom companies for checking blasphemous material on social media, and appointment of UN special rapporteur.
The foreign minister said that the OIC Contact Group for Jammu and Kashmir has played an important role in highlighting the Kashmir issue at international level and drawing the international community’s attention toward the atrocities being committed against innocent people of occupied Kashmir.
- Kangana Ranaut posts a cryptic note after testing negative for ...07:31 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistan to send aid to Palestine facing medical emergency amid ...07:07 PM | 18 May, 2021
- UAE ready to host remaining matches of PSL 2021 in Abu Dhabi06:01 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Sakina Abbas becomes first Pakistani woman Google Developers Expert ...04:22 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Zara Noor Abbas's recent statement leaves the internet divided02:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021