AIOU’s Journal on ‘Seerat-un-Nabi’ wins special award 2017
A special award will be given on its publication at a National Spirit Conference to be held here on December 2 on the occasion of Eid-e-Milad-Un-Nabi.
The journal was adjudged the best one by the Federal Ministry of Religious Affairs. It is the recognization of the University’s Vice-Chancellor Prof Dr Shahid Siddiqui’s consistent efforts of promoting ‘Seerat-un-Nabi’ in the country through research-based academic activities.
The Seerat journal is aimed at seeking guidance and aspirations from ‘Quran and Sunnah’ for society-reformation and having a better life both at individual and collective level.
Some famous names who contributed to the journal included Dr. Muhammad Razaq Asood from Saudi Arabia and Dr. Yaseen Mazhar Siddiqui from Ali Ghar Muslim University, New Delhi.
While launching the journal, Dr Shahid Siddiqui has stated that Quran and Seerat-un-Nabi’ is a complete code of life for the Muslims to have a successful life here and hereafter.
He was of the view that merely economic development would not be enough for bringing real change in the life of the people. Socio aspect, in term of values, attitude and thinking in light of Islamic teaching are also important for achieving the desired results.-Online
- China terms Australia-UK-US alliance ‘extremely irresponsible’, ...11:25 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- ‘Inspiration 4’ – First all-civilian spaceflight launches into ...10:50 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- UN high commissioner for refugees calls on Pakistan Army chief09:45 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- PM Imran, Iranian President Raisi hold first meeting in Dushanbe09:11 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- FO reacts to US State Secretary Blinken’s remarks about ...08:50 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Faryal Mehmood’s new bold dance video goes viral05:54 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Nadia Hussain in hot water over controversial statement05:27 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Asim Azhar and Bilal Maqsood jam together on iconic songs05:00 PM | 16 Sep, 2021