Bail cancellation Case: IHC summons former PMs son-in-law on Dec 14
A two-member IHC bench is hearing the National Accountability Bureau (NAB)'s plea against Safdar for the dismissal of bail granted to him. Safdar, a member of the National Assembly was indicted in corruption cases against Sharif family.
During the hearing today, NAB's deputy prosecutor general informed the bench that accountability court issued non-bailable warrants for Safdar on 2nd October. Safdar was arrested and produced before the court on 9th October, in compliance with these warrants.
However, the accountability court then granted bail to Safdar, The NAB official contended that the accountability court didn't have the authority to do so and pleaded that the court's order to reject NAB's request to send Safdar to Adiala Jail be rescinded.
Justice Aamer Farooq, who heads the two-member bench, remarked that Safdar will have to be summoned before the court before giving any decision. The IHC has summoned the former premier's son-in-law on 14th December and adjourned the hearing till then.
- Why is it important to remember the man behind our national anthem?04:18 PM | 19 Aug, 2022
- FIA to send another notice to Imran Khan in prohibited funding case03:04 PM | 19 Aug, 2022
- Watch: World’s heaviest baby panda born in China02:31 PM | 19 Aug, 2022
- Shahid Afridi enjoys cup of tea with scenic beauty10:49 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Saboor Aly teases husband Ali Ansari in a hilarious video07:59 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022