Bail cancellation Case: IHC summons former PMs son-in-law on Dec 14
A two-member IHC bench is hearing the National Accountability Bureau (NAB)'s plea against Safdar for the dismissal of bail granted to him. Safdar, a member of the National Assembly was indicted in corruption cases against Sharif family.
During the hearing today, NAB's deputy prosecutor general informed the bench that accountability court issued non-bailable warrants for Safdar on 2nd October. Safdar was arrested and produced before the court on 9th October, in compliance with these warrants.
However, the accountability court then granted bail to Safdar, The NAB official contended that the accountability court didn't have the authority to do so and pleaded that the court's order to reject NAB's request to send Safdar to Adiala Jail be rescinded.
Justice Aamer Farooq, who heads the two-member bench, remarked that Safdar will have to be summoned before the court before giving any decision. The IHC has summoned the former premier's son-in-law on 14th December and adjourned the hearing till then.
- PAKvsNZ: Shaheen dons Shahid Afridi’s jersey No 1012:00 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- PM Imran stresses expansion of bilateral trade between Pakistan, ...11:26 AM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...10:45 AM | 17 Sep, 2021
- PAKvsNZ: New Zealand play first ODI on Pakistani soil after 18 years10:25 AM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 17 September 202109:39 AM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Faryal Mehmood’s new bold dance video goes viral05:54 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Nadia Hussain in hot water over controversial statement05:27 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Asim Azhar and Bilal Maqsood jam together on iconic songs05:00 PM | 16 Sep, 2021