PTI asks for legal action against Kalsoom Nawaz for not taking oath after NA-120 win
The letter states, "On 27th September, the ECP issued a notification regarding Kulsoom Nawaz’s win. After winning the elections, it is a legal requirement for the winning candidate to take an oath in the National Assembly. Since she won, three joint sessions of the NA have already been held and the fourth has been summoned by the president.”
The letter further states that Kalsoom Nawaz has failed to fulfil the legal requirement of taking oath after winning from the constituency NA-120, and questioned why the thousands of people from NA-120 are being deprived of a representation despite making a selection.
In the letter, PTI spokesperson asks Election Commissioner if after winning the elections, a constituency can be deprived of a representative for over a month?
“For how long can the oath-taking be postponed after a candidate has won the elections?” the letter reads.
Fawad, being well aware of the health condition of Begum Kalsoom Nawaz also asked if it's okay to give candidacy to someone so ill and what are "the legal and constitutional repercussions" if the winning candidate doesn't take the oath before a certain period of time.
The letter suggests that NA-120 is suffering due to lack of representation in the assembly since Begum Kalsoom Nawaz has failed to appear in National Assembly to address the issues of NA-120.
Begum Kalsoom Nawaz was declared the winner after a by-election was held in NA-120 to fill the vacant position after the disqualification of the then Prime Minister of Nawaz Sharif.
It is interesting to note the Chairman of Pakistan Tahreek-e-Insaaf also took oath a month later due to his ill health after his victory in general election 2013.
- Four killed, PTI MPA Malik Liaqat injured in Lower Dir attack11:20 AM | 7 Aug, 2022
- Commonwealth Games 2022: Pakistan’s Tayyab Raza loses bronze medal ...10:12 AM | 7 Aug, 2022
- Russian girl travels to Pakistan to marry love of her life11:26 PM | 6 Aug, 2022
- Neelam Muneer is living a dream vacation in Swat10:51 PM | 6 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani stars celebrate Eidul-Adha in style06:20 PM | 10 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022