Sindh Assembly Speaker Agha Siraj Durrani, others indicted in assets beyond means case
KARACHI – An accountability court in Karachi indicted Sindh Assembly Speaker Agha Siraj Durrani and others in assets beyond case on Monday.
According to the details, the court summoned prosecution witnesses on December 22 hearing after Agha Siraj Durrani and other accused pleaded not guilty in the case, the accused vowed to contest the charges against them.
Durrani, his brother Agha Maseehuddin Durrani, his daughters Sanam Durrani, Shahana Durrani, Sarah Durrani, Tufail Ahmed, Zulfiqar, Agha Munawar Ali, Ghulam Murtaza and Gulbahar, were named in the charges.
Earlier in July, the National Accountability Bureau had ordered an inquiry on charges of corruption against the Sindh Assembly speaker. The anti-graft body named 20 persons including Siraj Durrani as accused in the reference filed in accountability court Karachi after an inquiry.
The accused were involved in corruption of 1.6 billion rupees, he also got arrested in February last year.
- Karachi DHA shooter claims opening fire on cop in ‘self-defence to ...10:42 AM | 26 Nov, 2022
- Punjab announces winter vacations schedule for schools10:12 AM | 26 Nov, 2022
- Pakistan, Turkiye vow to boost bilateral trade to $5bn within three ...09:44 AM | 26 Nov, 2022
- Islamabad's red zone sealed as PTI all set for 'final showdown' in ...09:18 AM | 26 Nov, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...08:40 AM | 26 Nov, 2022
- Hassan Ahmed reacts to wife Sunita Marshal's remarks from latest ...11:42 PM | 25 Nov, 2022
- Hina Altaf reveals why she married Agha Ali10:46 PM | 25 Nov, 2022
- What's cooking between Ramsha Khan and Ahad Raza Mir?08:25 PM | 25 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022
- Shehbaz Sharif, Imran Khan, Gen Bajwa named among world’s 500 most ...10:36 PM | 1 Nov, 2022
- India falls behind Pakistan, Myanmar in Global Hunger Index02:30 PM | 16 Oct, 2022