Hammad Azhar blames Sindh govt for hike in flour prices
ISLAMABAD – Federal Minister for Industries Hammad Azhar blames Sindh government as people of Sindh were buying expensive wheat due to the Sindh government's faults.
Federal Minister of Industries and Production tweets that the Sindh government had released close to 6,000 megatonnes of wheat per day, falling short of its promise to release 10,000 megatonnes per day. It also started its releases late in season compared to other provinces.
Flour prices down from Rs.1036 per 20 kg bag on 22nd Oct to Rs.979 on 26th Nov, a drop of 6%. This drop would've been much more if Sindh prices had reduced to level of Punjab where avg price is around Rs.860. Against national avg price of Rs.979, prices in Sindh averaged Rs.1061.— Hammad Azhar (@Hammad_Azhar) November 30, 2020
Lambasting at the Sindh government, Hammad added that due to these two reasons the people of Sindh were purchasing "expensive flour" compared to other provinces in Pakistan.
- SEDF, U Bank join hands for provision of subsidised credit to MSMEs ...11:19 AM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Afghanistan condemns Pakistan embassy attack, assures action against ...10:49 AM | 3 Dec, 2022
- PAKvENG, Day 3: Abdullah, Imam slam tons as Pakistan continue to ...10:18 AM | 3 Dec, 2022
- US keeps Pakistan on violators of religious freedom list09:44 AM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Meet Pakistan's most streamed Spotify artist of the year08:36 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Pakistani TikTok sensation Ayesha's new videos shock her fans09:59 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- 'Hum Tum Season 2' in the works? Here is what Ahad Raza Mir says11:16 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022