Supreme Court grants bail to MNA Ali Wazir
ISLAMABAD – The Supreme Court of Pakistan Tuesday set free MNA Ali Wazir.
The Waziristan lawmaker has been directed to deposit surety bonds worth Rs400,000.
Ali Wazir was arrested on charges of issuing statements against state institutions during a speech on December 16, 2020. The FIR against the MNA was registered at a Karachi police station.
Wazir had filed an appeal against the Sindh High Court's (SHC) verdict which had dismissed his bail plea. The lawmaker had claimed that he is innocent and not guilty of the offences mentioned in the FIR.
IHC CJ directs Rana Shamim to submit written ... 12:20 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
ISLAMABAD –Islamabad High Court (IHC) Chief Justice Athar Minallah told the former chief judge of ...
- Taliban delegation begins talks with Western officials, rights ...11:52 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Over 22,000 government officers in Pakistan are dual national: Report11:05 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- South Africa clean sweep ODI series against India10:56 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Turkey launching 50 new development projects in Pakistan this year10:17 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- British lawmaker claims she was removed as minister over 'Muslimness'09:32 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Asim Azhar wishes Merub Ali on her birthday04:19 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Mawra Hocane spills the beans on her wedding plans03:00 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Hina Altaf’s father passes away08:39 PM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021