Pollution in Lahore caused by cross border field fires, says Fawad Chaudhry
ISLAMABAD - Science and Technology Minister Fawad Chaudhry on Wednesday said that cross border field fires and environmental conditions are the cause of increasing level of pollution in Lahore.
Quoting Climate Change Minister as having told the federal cabinet the Science and Technology minister said in a Tweet on Wednesday that " Pollution in Lahore is caused by cross border field fires and abysmal environmental conditions in India level of pollution at Wagha is double than Lahore city”.
Min of Climate Change informed the Cabinet that Pollution in Lahore is caused by cross border field fires and abysmal environmental conditions in India level of pollution at Wagha is double than Lahore city, #Modi Govt is failing is every aspect irresponsible Govts are a curse— Ch Fawad Hussain (@fawadchaudhry) October 30, 2019
“The Narendra Mordi government in India is failing in every aspect, adding that irresponsible governments are a curse” Fawad added.
Meanwhile, the Punjab Home Department has imposed a ban on the burning of crop residue, solid municipal waste, plastic and leather items for a period of three months across the province.
The ban has been imposed under Section 144 (6) CrPC, 1898, as the burning of crop residue and waste items can create smog in the zone.
- Leonardo DiCaprio’s girlfriend Camila Morrone defends their 23-year ...02:01 PM | 7 Dec, 2019
- Saudi King denounces Florida naval base shooting12:46 PM | 7 Dec, 2019
- Shahida Abbasi from Balochistan bags gold at Asian games03:17 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019