Indian military siege enters 57th consecutive day in Occupied Kashmir
Continued suspension of internet and mobile phones which has cut the territory from the outside world is adding to the miseries of the people.
Indian paramilitary forces are harassing the residents in Srinagar to rent their properties to the forces’ personnel posted in the territory.
Meanwhile, Indian forces have intensified restrictions in the name of surveillance and area domination operations in the territory.
Additional security bunkers are being constructed in the Srinagar city and elsewhere in the valley.
On the other hand, as a reaffirmation of their resolve to continue freedom struggle against India’s illegal occupation, people have displayed posters at various places in Mendhar town of Poonch district.
7 Kashmiris killed in 48 hours as India tightens ... 08:03 PM | 29 Sep, 2019
SRINAGAR – Indian troops in their fresh acts of state terrorism have killed seven Kashmiri youth in Ganderbal, Ramban ...
Kashmiri leaders from both sides of the Line of Control have called upon UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres to help initiate a peace process to hammer out a settlement of the decades-old Kashmir dispute.
In a memorandum submitted to the UN chief amid escalating tensions between the two nuclear armed nations following Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi's illegal annexation of occupied Kashmir , they said genuine Kashmiri leadership should also be associated with the peace process.
The memorandum said the longer the uncertainties continue and the longer the UN and world powers ignore the Kashmir issue, the more dangerous and intractable the crisis becomes.
It said the crisis requires immediate diplomacy that recognises the explosive situation on the ground in Jammu and Kashmir and takes immediate measures to avert it before it explodes.
The Kashmiri leaders also demanded an immediate and complete cessation of military and paramilitary action by Indian forces against people of occupied Jammu and Kashmir .
The memorandum was signed by former AJK Prime Minister Barrister Sultan Mehmood Choudhary, president of World Kashmir Awareness Forum Dr. Ghulam N. Mir, secretary-general World Kashmir Awareness Forum Dr. Ghulam Nabi Fai, a former advisor to AJK Prime Minister Sardar Sawar Khan, professor of medicine, George Washington Medical Center Dr. Imtiaz Khan and Nephrologist, Herndon, Virginia Dr. Abdul Rauf Mir.
- PTI govt opens process for privatisation of public entities09:55 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- ATC acquits 40 accused in Youhanabad lynching cases09:09 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Zameen.com ready to hold Karachi Expo on February 1 and 208:18 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Ufone felicitates KPC’s new leadership08:12 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- 'Anti-state' Facebook posts: Lahore journalist's bail plea rejected07:54 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Priyanka Chopra in final talks to join The Matrix 403:19 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Humayun Saeed thanks fans for showering love on MPTH's team02:49 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Shah Rukh Khan's Pakistani cousin passes away in Peshawar02:15 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019