PCB likely to remove Azhar Ali: Board official
England defeated Pakistan by 44 runs in the first ODI, while in the second ODI the visitors were beaten by four wickets.
Recently Pakistan suffered an embarrassing 169-run defeat in the third ODI, losing the five-match series 3-0.
A PCB official told APP on Wednesday that after the team’s poor performance, there have been talks in the board for the dismissal of Azhar as captain.
“After this series, Pakistan will play a series against the West Indies, New Zealand and Australia,” he said. “There are chances that a new captain may be given the responsibility in these upcoming series.”
The official stated that vice-captain and wicketkeeper-batsman Sarfraz Ahmed is the most likely and suitable replacement.
- Pakistan slams India at UNGA, says Kashmir is not ‘internal ...08:13 PM | 25 Sep, 2021
- LIVE: Northern bat first against Sindh in 6th national T20 match07:17 PM | 25 Sep, 2021
- Pakistan allows tax-free import of fruits from Afghanistan06:34 PM | 25 Sep, 2021
- First teasers of Yumna Zaidi, Azaan Khan and Sajaly Aly’s ‘Ishq e ...05:59 PM | 25 Sep, 2021
- Fatima Sohail spotted enjoying vacations in northern areas04:45 PM | 25 Sep, 2021