PCB likely to remove Azhar Ali: Board official
England defeated Pakistan by 44 runs in the first ODI, while in the second ODI the visitors were beaten by four wickets.
Recently Pakistan suffered an embarrassing 169-run defeat in the third ODI, losing the five-match series 3-0.
A PCB official told APP on Wednesday that after the team’s poor performance, there have been talks in the board for the dismissal of Azhar as captain.
“After this series, Pakistan will play a series against the West Indies, New Zealand and Australia,” he said. “There are chances that a new captain may be given the responsibility in these upcoming series.”
The official stated that vice-captain and wicketkeeper-batsman Sarfraz Ahmed is the most likely and suitable replacement.
- T20 World Cup: Curtis Campher shines as Ireland beat Netherlands11:45 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Five Saudi cadets graduate from Pakistan Air Force Academy11:27 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- PM Imran to visit Saudi Arabia this week10:34 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- DG ISI briefs COAS Bajwa on internal security, Afghanistan08:37 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Atif Aslam pays tribute to late Farhad Humayun with iconic song06:00 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Ertugrul star Esra Bilgic in search of Pakistani NGOs05:00 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Priyanka Chopra goes scuba diving in Spain (VIDEO)05:25 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021