PTI finalises Atif Khan’s name for CM KP post
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf Chairman Imran Khan finalised the name of party leader and former KP minister Atif Khan on Tuesday for the seat of chief minister Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
Former CM KP Pervez Khattak has been lobbying for the position and as a substitute and he has decided that party leader Asad Qaiser will become CM KP. Qaiser had earlier served as the Speaker KP Assembly, Geo News reported.
Khattak has won one National Assembly and one provincial assembly seat and he wanted to become head of the KP Assembly instead of being in the centre.
The former CM KP had said that he will accept the decision taken by party Chairman Imran Khan for the provincial head.
PTI chairman Imran Khan had tried relentlessly to convince Khattak to clear the way for Atif Khan — the former education minister of the province.
Earlier, Khattak claimed the support of 55, out of the party's total 65 MPAs in the province.
Pervez Khattak had confirmed to Geo.tv that he has conveyed to the party leadership that he will not join the federal cabinet. “The party has a huge mandate in the country just because of my performance in KP,” he added.
- Japan extends grant assistance worth 318m JPY to Pakistan09:15 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- PM Imran welcomes UNSC members for again taking up IIOJ&K dispute08:35 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Shan Masood, Muhammad Abbas uplift Pakistan in first England Test12:59 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Indian TV actor Sameer Sharma dies by suicide03:26 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Angelina Jolie wants reconciliation between Brad Pitt and kids02:57 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- I had an inferiority complex and grew up applying fairness creams: ...01:31 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020