PM Imran takes notice of hike in bread prices
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Imran Khan has chaired an important meeting to review the measures taken to control the price of bread (roti) in the country.
In the meeting consultations were held on the matters pertaining to the gas tariff for bakers (tandoors), the Radio Pakistan reported.
The premier ordered to restore previous prices and said that relief must be given to the common people.
In a press briefing after the meeting, the PM's special assistant on information, Dr Firdous Ashiq Awan, said that the premier took notice of the rise in the roti prices during the session and advised the Economic Coordination Committee (ECC) to take measures in this regard.
- Govt to spend more than Rs30b on higher education this year, says ...11:57 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Infinix, CarlCare join hands with M&P to provide unmatched after-sale ...08:26 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- PSL Draft 2020: Franchises pick players from platinum, diamond, gold ...08:06 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Justice (retd) Altaf Ibrahim takes oath as acting ECP chief06:15 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Mehwish Hayat says Pervez Musharraf deserves a chance to be heard02:30 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Kate Middleton thanks Maheen Khan with sweet note02:06 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Humayun Saeed shares an all smile picture with brothers01:39 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019