PM Imran takes notice of hike in bread prices
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Imran Khan has chaired an important meeting to review the measures taken to control the price of bread (roti) in the country.
In the meeting consultations were held on the matters pertaining to the gas tariff for bakers (tandoors), the Radio Pakistan reported.
The premier ordered to restore previous prices and said that relief must be given to the common people.
In a press briefing after the meeting, the PM's special assistant on information, Dr Firdous Ashiq Awan, said that the premier took notice of the rise in the roti prices during the session and advised the Economic Coordination Committee (ECC) to take measures in this regard.
- Pakistan stands by Turkey against FETO threat, Imran tells Erdogan09:29 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- UAE’s Covid-19 vaccine enters final testing stage09:25 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Pakistani university announces fee waiver for Spring semester amid ...09:18 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Coronavirus – Punjab extends lockdown till July 3009:03 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 255,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,365 confirmed ...08:48 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Asim and I share a bond beyond anyone’s comprehension: Hania Amir05:22 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Hadiqa Kiani releases song to pay tribute to Kashmiri Martyrs12:38 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Nadia Jamil updates her fans about her recovery after chemo12:13 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020