PTA further extends deadline for VPNs registration
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) on Friday announced another extension in the deadline for businesses and the public to register their Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) with the authority.
The authority has asked users to register their VPNs till September 30, 2020.
The extension has been made on the recommendations of the Ministry of IT, Pakistan Software Export Board (PSEB) and Pakistan Software Houses Association (PASHA).
"Legitimate VPN users are requested to approach their internet service provider for initiating VPN registration process," said PTA.
Users can send in their inquiries to the authority at email@example.com.
Earlier, PTA had provided an opportunity for VPN registration till July 31, which is expiring today.
In June, it had said that the exercise is "being undertaken to promote legal #ICT services/business in Pakistan and safety of telecom users".
It added that "appropriate registration is required from PTA for any mode communication in which communication becomes hidden or encrypted".
- Synergyzer On Bringing Pakistan’s Advertising, Marketing & Media ...04:58 AM | 8 May, 2021
- Sindh announces to hire 37,000 teachers11:44 PM | 7 May, 2021
- ‘No hugs and kisses this eid,’ Firdous Ashiq Awan to public amid ...11:03 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Infinix tipped to launch Note 10 Pro with MediaTek Helio G9510:48 PM | 7 May, 2021
- KPK launches mobile vaccination drive for elderly citizens10:32 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Sania Mirza surprises everyone on show Jeeto Pakistan League (VIDEO)06:46 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Ali Rehman Khan celebrates 33rd birthday in style04:19 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Prince William, Duchess Kate launch their own YouTube channel02:16 PM | 7 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021
- Tips to follow when walking for weight loss08:11 PM | 29 Apr, 2021