PTA further extends deadline for VPNs registration
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) on Friday announced another extension in the deadline for businesses and the public to register their Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) with the authority.
The authority has asked users to register their VPNs till September 30, 2020.
The extension has been made on the recommendations of the Ministry of IT, Pakistan Software Export Board (PSEB) and Pakistan Software Houses Association (PASHA).
"Legitimate VPN users are requested to approach their internet service provider for initiating VPN registration process," said PTA.
Users can send in their inquiries to the authority at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Earlier, PTA had provided an opportunity for VPN registration till July 31, which is expiring today.
In June, it had said that the exercise is "being undertaken to promote legal #ICT services/business in Pakistan and safety of telecom users".
It added that "appropriate registration is required from PTA for any mode communication in which communication becomes hidden or encrypted".
- PM Imran congratulates Sri Lankan counterpart Rajapaksa over election ...11:30 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan to resume international flight operations at all airports ...10:57 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- NAB rejects allegations of striking plea bargain deal with 2 army ...09:23 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- At least 11 dead as Air India passenger plan skids off runway, splits ...09:10 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- What do you know about Ravi Riverfront Urban Development Project?08:36 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- A sneak peek inside Selena Gomez's HBO cooking show05:38 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- John Wick 5 announced, to film back-to-back with 4th installment05:14 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Ever since I was a child I’ve had a sleeping issue: Mahira Khan04:23 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020