5 witnesses testify in Ali Zafar, Meesha Shafi case
Additional District and Sessions Judge Amjad AliShah conducted the proceedings wherein Ali Zafar's witnesses were cross examined.
All witnesses stated that no incident of harassment alleged by Meesha Shafi occurred during the jamming session held on December 22, 2017.
The witnesses, among whom were two women as well, further went on to claim that Shafi had social and mainstream media run bogus news to gain fame. All allegations in this regard were baseless, they added.
The court summoned the remaining four witnesses to appear in the next hearing on June 11 before adjourning the case.
It is pertinent to mention here that Flute player Baqir Abbass and singer Kanza Munir and five others witnesses had already recorded their statements before the court.
Last year, Meesha Shafi had accused Ali Zafar of sexually harassing her on multiple occasions. Zafar had denied the allegations and filed a defamation suit in which he has said that Shafi had levelled "baseless and unfounded" accusations that have allegedly tarnished his reputation and caused pain to his family.
- Clerics in North Waziristan booked for announcing fake Eid moon ...07:24 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Cabinet committee accepts NAB's request to place Shehbaz Sharif on ECL05:46 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Muhammad Noor Meskanzai appointed as chief justice of Pakistan’s ...05:41 PM | 12 May, 2021
- PM Imran regrets criticising diplomats in public05:16 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Ali Gul Pir’s parody on Firdous Ashiq Awan’s statement goes viral03:44 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Superstar Fawad Khan cooks exceptionally well: Sadaf04:10 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Pakistani barber offers haircuts with cleavers and blowtorches02:32 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021