UBL declared Pakistan’s 'Best Digital Bank' by Asiamoney
KARACHI - UBL has been recognized as the “Best Digital Bank" by Asiamoney, an associate of Euromoney. The bank considered one of the most progressive and innovative banks of Pakistan is the fastest growing digital bank in the country.
It has a dedicated digital design lab to accelerate its digital transformation strategy. The number of UBL’s digital customers crossed one million in January 2020 and its digital portfolio has grown three times over the last year.
UBL offers its clients a digital end-to-end onboarding platform through which customers can use the Bank’s Digital App and become a UBL customers while sitting in the comfort of their homes.
Mr. Sharjeel Shahid, UBL’s Head of Digital Banking, pointed out “The customers have become avid fans of the Bank’s digitalization efforts leading to threefold business growth in one year and the highest app stores customer ratings. This is driven by a two-pronged approach of enhancing customer experience on one hand while on the other hand introducing operational efficiencies for the bank.”
This award is a testament to UBL’s contribution to expanding the scope of financial services through digital channels in Pakistan and spearheading innovation in the local banking industry. Under the current global scenario, this recognition holds more meaning as the Bank aggressively promotes the use of its digital channels to keep millions of customers safe from COVID-19. We feel that such an accolade will further encourage us to endorse the digital platforms as the future way to the bank," Ms Sima Kamil, President & CEO UBL, said.
Going forward, UBL remains committed to investing in areas and technologies that drive the country’s economic development and contributing towards a more financially inclusive Pakistan.
- Experts say one of four elephants in Pakistan needs urgent surgery11:55 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Pakistan to host OIC foreign ministers’ meeting on Afghanistan on ...11:25 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Vernon Philander pens heartfelt good-bye message for Pakistan team10:56 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Petroleum prices in Pakistan to remain unchanged in December10:19 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Indian actress Ameesha Patel booked in cheque bounce case06:39 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Mahira Khan receives flak for glorifying emotionally abusive ...04:06 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Deepika Padukone stuns in a gorgeous saree by Pakistani designer04:58 PM | 30 Nov, 2021