PM Imran’s security increased over 'assassination threat'
ISLAMABAD – Security of Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan has been increased after receiving threats of assassination amid ongoing political instability in the country.
The development was shared by Federal Information and Broadcasting Minister Fawad Chaudhry on Twitter, saying the federal intelligence has reported a plot to assassinate the prime minister.
"The federal government has beefed up the security of the prime minister as the threats are more serious than the received in the past," he said but he did not divulge the further details.
سیکیورٹی ایجنسیوں نے رپورٹ کیا ہے کہ وزیر اعظم عمران خان پر قاتلانہ حملےکا منصوبہ سامنے آیا ہے، ان رپورٹس کے بعد حکومتی فیصلے کے مطابق وزیر اعظم کی سیکیورٹی میں اضافہ کر دیا گیا ہے۔— Ch Fawad Hussain (@fawadchaudhry) April 1, 2022
The development comes a day after the premier addressed the nation and vowed to not surrender before the foreign conspiracy against his government.
In his televised address to the nation, Khan said the opposition parties trying to oust him through the no-confidence motion were supported by foreign powers.
At one point in his live speech, he 'mistakenly' named the US as the country which sent the threatening letter against his government and then retracted, saying he did not want to name the country behind the threats to his government.
Earlier this week, Faisal Vawda, a leader of ruling PTI, made the startling revelation, saying an evil plan of Prime Minister Imran Khan’s assassination was being hatched.
He said that the PTI chairman's "life is in danger".
Talking to a private news channel, Vawda claimed the development was confirmed by reliable sources but didn’t share any details.
Pakistan lodges protest with US over 'threat ... 08:54 AM | 1 Apr, 2022
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan has registered a strong protest with a senior diplomatic official of the US mission in ...
- 'Imported govt' trying to spread fear throught arrests, Imran tells ...11:59 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- In a first, Pakistan adopts fastest growing sport Futsal11:24 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- PM Shehbaz renews his offer of a charter of economy11:01 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- #PehchaanKaRung a soul stirring DVC Starring renowned thespian ...10:42 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- At least three killed, five injured in North Waziristan IED blast10:24 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- Dananeer reveals Kubra Khan is recovering from surgery08:30 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- Hareem Shah hints at breakup in latest video09:29 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- Muneeb Butt finally comments on sister-in-law Minal Khan's Instagram ...09:59 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022