England make history, become first to play 1,000 test matches
The first ever Test match was played between the two countries on March 15-19, 1877 at the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG) in the Australian city of Melbourne.
The first ever English captain was James Lillywhite, who led the team in the first two Test matches against Australia in 1877.
In all, eleven teams have so far played 2,314 Test matches, including the present Test. After England, Australia have played the most Test matches (812), followed by West Indies (535), India (523), South Africa (427), New Zealand (426), Pakistan (415), Sri Lanka (274), Bangladesh (108), Zimbabwe (105).
England who earlier played 999 Tests have won 357 and lost 297 while 345 Test matches ended in draw. Their winning percentage is 35.70 percent.
- Justice Qazi Faez Isa to hear contempt case against Fawad Chaudhry on ...10:36 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan cricket squad leaves for Zimbabwe after successful South ...10:05 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan, India foreign ministers may meet in UAE08:44 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Babar Azam’s ‘late glance’ shot is new sensation on social ...08:09 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Imran Abbas releases his rendition of Qaseedah Burdah Shareef05:59 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Mustafa Jaane Rehmat – Atif Aslam's naat crosses 1.6 million views ...05:48 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Hira and Mani celebrate 13th wedding anniversary05:41 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021