DG ISPR: Peshawar attack proves terrorists using Afghanistan's soil to conduct activities in Pakistan
Speaking with a private media channel, the DG ISPR asserted that Afghan forces should play their role in eliminating terrorists based in their country.
Major General Asif Ghafoor said that Afghanistan and Pakistan are working together to fight against terrorism. A delegation under Afghan Director General Military Operations is on a visit to Pakistan following the meeting between Chief of Army Staff General Qamar Javed Bajwa and Afghanistan President Ashraf Ghani in Afghanistan.
“We are in dialogue with the Afghan DGMO. We have provided proofs of today’s attack to him. The Afghan government and forces must look into this issue to see how we can get rid of this danger. Our cooperation is with Afghanistan,” Ghafoor said.
“We hope that there will be developments on the recommendations we have provided to the delegation”, he added.
DG ISPR said that the terrorists during their strike on the Agriculture Directorate in Peshawar were constantly in touch on phone with their associates based in Afghanistan. Pakistani border forces are continuously being attacked by the terrorists operating from Afghanistan.
DG ISPR also responded to the recent statement of top US commander Gen John Nicholson, saying that US general’s statement that Pakistan is not doing enough is ‘unjust’.
DG ISPR also, praised the rapid and effective response by the KPK police.
- Russian scientists working on first edible coronavirus vaccine04:22 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- TLP workers storm Nawankot Police Station, take DSP among 5 cops ...04:04 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Another Indian soldier commits suicide in IIOJK’s Ramban03:33 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan FM discusses peace process with Afghan counterpart02:48 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Arjun Rampal, Neil Nitin Mukesh test positive for Covid-1902:01 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Sarah Khan, Falak Shabir expecting their first child?09:16 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Imran Abbas releases his rendition of Qaseedah Burdah Shareef05:59 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021