Unaware of Osama's presence, Pakistan has been a good US ally, says Obama
Obama made these comments during his talk in New Dehli town hall at the second day of the 15th edition of the Hindustan Times Leadership Summit 2017.
"We had no evidence that Pakistani government was aware of Osama bin Laden’s presence in Abbottabad. We obviously looked at it," Obama said.
Obama praised the role of Pakistan and it's partnership with the US in the war against terrorism. It's true there are elements that haven't been good partners with the US but Pakistan has been a good ally to us, said Obama.
The former president of United States said that after the Mumbai attacks, the "(US) were as obsessed with dismantling the terror network as India... terrorism of any sort, directed at any country metastasises. It eventually affects everyone."
The comments from Obama came after Pakistan faced harsh criticism by Trump's administration.
This was Obama's first appearance in India after stepping out of office in January 2017.
- TLP-police clashes leave another cop dead, nearly 100 others injured ...11:22 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan launches first space observatory in Islamabad10:54 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021 – President Alvi, PM Imran congratulate Muslims on ...10:38 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Dozen injured in Balochistan football ground blast10:15 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Alisha Gory explains how tattoos are a form of expressing your ...08:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Mohammad Amir celebrates 29th birthday04:50 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Zainab Abbas becomes first Pakistani female presenter to join Sky ...04:02 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021
- Ten New IPO Billionaires in 202107:59 PM | 8 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021 – Tips for busy professionals01:52 PM | 7 Apr, 2021