‘Rat on a plane’ forces Air India flight to turn back
Indian media reported that Air India said it had decided to turn back the flight “keeping passenger safety in mind”, even though the rodent’s presence was not confirmed.
Rats pose a serious threat to the safety of flights as they can chew through wires and damage internal controls.
“Air India gives utmost importance to safety. Our engineering team is investigating the incident,” an airline statement said.
“A standby aircraft was made available to fly the passengers to London. The aircraft with the suspected rodent will be fumigated as per procedure in such cases of rodent sighting. “An airline official who did not want to be named put the number of passengers at over 200.
It is not the first time an Air India flight has been grounded over rodents.
In July, a plane en route to Milan had to return to Delhi after a suspected rat sighting.
- PAKvNED: Pakistan beat Netherlands by 16 runs in first ODI11:00 PM | 16 Aug, 2022
- Seven Indian soldiers killed, scores injured in deadly bus accident ...10:48 PM | 16 Aug, 2022
- Hania Aamir talks about life after Asim Azhar controversy09:27 PM | 16 Aug, 2022
- TikToker Dolly celebrates birthday in style04:29 PM | 16 Aug, 2022
- Why Mushk Kaleem's mother did not allow her to wear a saree?08:06 PM | 16 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022