Here's how Pakistan welcomed 2017 with gusto and zeal
Scores of Pakistanis came out of their cosy homes on a freezing New Year's night to catch a glimpse of New Year's celebration amid fears, hopes and challenges ahead.
Lahoris, known for their Zinda Dil' attitude towards life, spent most of their Saturday night outside their homes being entertained rby the spectacular fireworks at different corners of the city.
Some welcomed New Year with aerial firing as well.
Those in Islamabad headed to Centaurus and Jinnah Super Market to rejuvenate and enjoy the fireworks that turned the sky colourful.
Residents of Karachi too were not far behind. They proceeded to Sea View and Clifton, which had been unblocked in a last-minute decision by the authorities. Many of them also had dinner at Do Darya to mark the begging of New Year with gusto and enthusiasm.
Port Grand also lured in a large number of citizens due to the special events scheduled to ring in the New Year.
Meanwhile those in Faisalabad, Gujranwala, Peshawar, Mardan, Sukkur, Hyderabad, Quetta, Nawabshah also celebrated New Year's night according to local norms and customs.
Law Enforcement Agencies maintained strict check and balance system throughout the country and there have been no reports of any untoward incidents.
- Sri Lanka receives first COVID-19 vaccines shipment from COVAX08:28 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Bilawal visits Hamza and Chaudhary Brothers in Lahore07:06 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Bigg Boss 14 fame Arshi Khan all set for debut in Bollywood01:10 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Canadian biker girl Rosie Gabrielle ties the knot with Pakistani ...10:16 AM | 7 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021