How many Indian prisoners are in Pakistani jails?
340 Pakistanis including 263 civilians and 77 fishermen are currently jailed in India
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan on Friday shared a list of 319 Indian prisoners with the Indian High Commission in Islamabad.
The 319 Indian prisoners in Pakistan include 49 civilians and 270 fishermen prisoners.
The Foreign Office Spokesperson, Zahid Hafeez Chaudhri said the list was shared with the Indian High Commission in Islamabad today.
This step is consistent with the provisions of the Consular Access Agreement between Pakistan and India, signed on 21 May 2008, under which both countries are required to exchange lists of prisoners in each other's custody twice a year, on 1st January and 1st July, respectively.
The Indian Government also concurrently shared the list of 340 Pakistani prisoners in India, including 263 civilians and 77 fishermen with the High Commission for Pakistan in New Delhi.
India can't defeat Pakistan militarily, ex-cop ... 11:38 AM | 30 Dec, 2020
NEW DELHI: India has no clarity about its military and strategic objectives vis-à-vis its stated adversaries, ...
- Five dead in second deadly bombing in Jalalabad in two days11:02 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Sindh govt to arrest unvaccinated people in line with NCOC orders10:17 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Navjot Sidhu in race for Indian Punjab CM after Amarinder Singh's ...07:37 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- UNGA session: PM Imran to address the world's biggest diplomatic ...07:10 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Pakistan calls up players for National T20 after New Zealand ...06:44 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Katrina Kaif’s new workout video goes viral04:32 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Saeeda Imtiaz’s new bold photos draw severe public criticism03:03 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Alizeh Shah’s new bold look goes viral02:30 PM | 19 Sep, 2021