Reema Khan gets very candid and personal with Samina Peerzada
Reema Khan has been serving in the Pakistani showbiz industry for quite a long time now and she has been a part of many super-hit Pakistani movies and had also directed a few.
Reema thinks of herself as an extremely practical person. “I can face reality with a brave face. My entrance is showbiz is purely accidental, but I am proud of my career. I believe any profession itself isn’t bad, it is our own deeds and actions that build its reputation,” she said.
She also shared the details about her first film audition, where she went with little to no expectations. The actress only dreamt of becoming popular but fate had so much in store for her. “I had never imagined that I will become so famous at such a young age. A 15 or 16 years old me became famous with a hit like Bulandi,” she said.
She later discussed how the scenario changed in the film industry in 1998 when Punjabi films garnered audiences. “It was a time of rat race where quantity was preferred in front of quality. A heroine’s role was diminished to a prop who has few songs and scenes. At that time, I did a film titled Ghunda Tax which was a super hit. My you younger sisters watched that film, they made me realize that it wasn’t the kind of work I should do".
Shaan Shahid, Reema Khan are all set to share the ... 02:08 PM | 16 Feb, 2019
KARACHI - Pakistani actors Reema Khan and Shaan Shahid are all set to reunite on big screen in an ...
She also said that “I did my last film in 2001 and then acted in two of my own productions, Koi Tujh Sa Kahan and Love Mein Ghum.
When the legendary host, Samina Jee asked Reema about her experiences in the film industry, Reema recalled an incident when she had slapped a co-star.
“One of my colleagues used abusive words on a set and I tried handling the situation gracefully by warning her, but when she resorted to profanities then, unfortunately, I had to slap her. Moin Akhtar and Anwar Maqsood Sahab talked about this incident for a long time in their TV programs,” she said.
Fellow actress tried to poison me for 1 lakh ... 12:33 PM | 29 Jan, 2019
LAHORE -Pakistani actress Reema Khan in a recent interview with Geo channel, shared shocking revelations when she ...
“After that incident, I learned to control my emotions even if someone hurt me, but regrettably my colleague hasn’t learned any lesson. She is still hurting people’s sentiments with her words,” she stated.
Reema Khan breaks silence over divorce rumours 12:17 PM | 27 Apr, 2018
LAHORE - Reema Khan was assumed to be divorced when she returned to Pakistan without her husband, Ahsan. The actress ...
Apart from showbiz life, Reema Khan married a Pakistani-American cardiologist S. Tariq Shahab in November 2011. On March 24, 2015, Khan gave birth to her first child Ali Shahab. The actor is currently residing in the United States with her husband and son and visits Pakistan on and off.
Here is the video clip:
Have something to add to the story? Comment below.
- A paper tiger? PML-N's Rana Sanaullah 'roars' at Lahore court (VIDEO)08:22 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Mufti Abdul Qavi declared 'a mental patient' amid Hareem Shah ...08:00 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Teenage girl injured in unprovoked Indian firing along LoC07:34 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Pemra suspends Bol News’ licence over anti-judiciary content07:01 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Psychologist commits suicide after killing daughter in Multan06:40 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- WATCH – Sara Ali Khan swings into the weekend with style in Maldives03:56 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Pakistanis plan an ‘Urdu Mushaira’ outside Islamabad café as ...03:34 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Cannoli café manager gets job offers from Shahbaz Taseer and Karak ...05:59 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021