Pakistani flags waved at Geelani's rally in Indian-held Kashmir
Participants of the rally also chanted pro-Pakistan slogans.
During an April 15 rally, too, held by Geelani, Pakistani flags were waved by supporters which led to filing of case against him, his close aide Masarat Alam and others on sedition and other charges.
Alam was arrested the next day and booked under the Public Safety Act a week later.
The Friday rally was organised in memory of a youth who was shot dead by security forces in an encounter in Tral last month.
Terming Hindus, Sikhs and Christians as part of Kashmiri society, Geelani said, "We welcome return of pandits to their homes but separate townships for them is neither good for the Pandits nor the Muslims.
"Setting up of separate colonies is like dividing our society on religious lines which will harm our age old co-existence and brotherhood," Geelani said, adding that the pandits will have no threat from their Muslim brethren.
"We want to assure you that we will ensure the safety of your lives and honour," Geelani said.
- Two arrested in Karachi for sharing female govt officers names on ...10:02 AM | 7 Jul, 2022
- Soldier martyred in gun battle with terrorists in #NorthWaziristan09:24 AM | 7 Jul, 2022
- Over one million Muslims move to Mina to perform rituals of Hajj 202209:10 AM | 7 Jul, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...08:33 AM | 7 Jul, 2022
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan – 07 July 202208:13 AM | 7 Jul, 2022
- Nora Fatehi’s new video of playing cricket in saree goes viral06:06 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Fia Khan’s new bold pregnancy photoshoot with family goes viral05:18 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Dolly’s new TikTok video goes viral03:42 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022