Male rape now a crime in China
Indecent or sexual assault on others, men or women, now carries a minimum sentence of five years in prison. In the former law, the clause "others" meant only "women". The amendment was passed by the top legislature in August, Xinhua news agency reported.
Till Sunday, it was difficult to file cases involving male sexual assault as the law did not recognize it as a crime.
In 2010, a security guard sexually abused his male colleague in the employee dormitory. Instead of being charged with sexual assault, the offender was convicted on the lesser charge of intentional injury and was sentenced to 12 months in prison.
The revised law has also repealed sex with underage prostitutes as the crime and reclassified it as rape.
As under the previous law, people faced a maximum of 15 years in prison for sex with prostitutes less than 14 years old, and those convicted of raping a child may be sentenced to death.
- Lt Gen (r) Ishfaq Nadeem passes away11:31 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- PTI’s Haleem Adil Sheikh confirms marriage to MPA Dua Bhutto11:09 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- PM Imran inaugurates Digital Media Development Program for youth10:59 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- SBP puts limits on financing for imported vehicles10:29 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Pakistani forces kill six terrorists during Balochistan operation09:44 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Indian song 'Mehendi' is a copy of iconic Pakistani song 'Gagar'03:46 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Firdous Jamal's comments about Mahira Khan, Osman Khalid trigger ...03:24 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Neha Rajpoot and Shahbaz Taseer's wedding festivities kickstart03:18 PM | 24 Sep, 2021