Three foreign players confirmed for PSL 3rd edition: PCB
They include Australia’s fast bowler Mitchell Johnson and T20 batsman Chris Lynn, and South Africa’s JP Duminy.
Pakistan has only hosted one international series since militants attacked a bus transporting the Sri Lankan cricket team in 2009. Six players were wounded in the attack, in which two civilians and six security officers lost their lives.
Backed by the International Cricket Council (ICC), Pakistan in September hosted a World XI side for a three-match series in Lahore which marked the return of international cricket in the nation of 208 million.
In March, Pakistan successfully hosted the Pakistan Super League Twenty20 final in Lahore with English players Dawid Malan and Chris Jordan, West Indies' Darren Sammy and Marlon Samuels and South Africa's Morne van Wyk and Zimbabwe's Sean Ervine competing.
Pakistan are currently playing against Sri Lanka in the United Arab Emirates. The series comprises two Tests - the second a day-night affair - five one-day and three Twenty20 internationals.
The five-match one-day series will be played in Dubai (October 13), Abu Dhabi (October 16 and 18) and Sharjah (October 20 and 23). Abu Dhabi will host the first two Twenty20 internationals on October 26 and 27 while the last T20 will be in Lahore on October 29.
- ECC meeting to discuss economic situation today09:12 AM | 23 Sep, 2020
- President Arif Alvi approves Pakistan Medical Commission Bill 202008:53 AM | 23 Sep, 2020
- PM Imran directs to ensure availability of wheat on reasonable ...08:27 AM | 23 Sep, 2020
- Two students test positive for coronavirus in Punjab11:47 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- ‘You are our heroes’: CJCSC Gen Nadeem confers civil awards on ...09:54 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Alizeh Shah looks unrecognisable in her new purple hair05:25 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Armeena Khan praises spot person's amazing vocals03:30 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Madam Noor Jehan's house should be turned into a museum: Shaan Shahid02:07 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020