Morning Routine: A teaspoon of Ghee on empty stomach will help you lose weight
Ghee is prepared by simmering butter, which is churned from cream and removing the liquid residue. The texture, color, and taste of ghee depend on the quality of the butter, milk. Most health-conscious people believe that the key to weight loss is a fat-free diet and lots of exercises.
However, not all fats are bad for your health, and some may, in fact, be good for your overall well-being. Ghee is considered to be a healthy fat.
“Ghee is a clarified form of butter. According to Ayurveda, it improves the absorption ability of the small intestines and decreases the acidic pH of our gastrointestinal tract. Ghee is a rich source of Omega-3 fatty acids which decrease LDL cholesterol. Cow’s ghee is a natural antioxidant which eliminates free radicals and inhibits oxidation process.
Furthermore, It prevents degenerative changes in our musculoskeletal system, prevents premature aging and prevents Alzheimer’s disease,” says Dr. Vrunda Lotlikar, Medical Consultant. ( Courtesy: Hindustan Times)
Ghee is strengthening and removes toxins from our system. “The butyric acid in combination with vitamins A, D, E, and K present in ghee aids in boosting immunity promotes gut health, keeps your hair and skin healthy, lubricates joints and strengthens our bones,” says Loveneet Batra, nutritionist.
Nutritionist, Batra recommends having a teaspoon of ghee on an empty stomach early in the morning or to cook a meal for the day in ghee. “Given its high smoke point, you can use it for any kind of cooking — from sautéing to deep-frying or even have it raw,” says the diet nutritionist.
Dr Lotlikar says that cow’s ghee mixed with milk nourishes the bones, muscle and the nervous system. “Cow’s ghee can be applied over roti or mixed with pulses rice to enhance the flavor of the food as well,” she says.
Apart from weight loss, consuming Ghee can also protect from recurrent infections of throat, nose, and chest.
- UN body sees end of polio in Pakistan by 202310:32 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Mahira Khan wants to recreate this scene with Shah Rukh Khan!10:07 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Former Pakistan Army chief Gen (r) Bajwa watches PAKvENG Test at ...09:11 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- German mayor of Pakistan origin wishes to settle in Karachi forever08:46 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Aima Baig drops teaser of latest cover of "Kahani Suno"08:24 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Rabi Pirzada talks about whimsical social media trends and their ...07:52 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Is The Legend of Maula Jatt going to be screened in India?07:59 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022