De-seated Qasim Suri approaches SC against Election Tribunal decision
ISLAMABAD - Former deputy speaker National Assembly Qasim Suri has approached the Supreme Court against the decision of election tribunal.
According to media details, the appeal was filed by advocate Naeem Bukhari. The petitioner took the plea that tribunal didn't review the evidence.
Irregularities in the electoral process could not be attributed to his client, petitioner counsel said. The petitioner prayed the court that it should nullify the decision of the tribunal and appeal should be fixed for hearing tomorrow.
The election tribunal had declared the success of Qasim Suri null and void from Quetta and ordered re-election in the respective constituency. Baluchistan Awami Party candidate Lashkari Raisani had challenged the victory of Qasim Suri.
- PCB to refund match tickets12:13 AM | 28 Jan, 2020
- PM Imran for precautionary measures, strategy to tackle Coronavirus ...11:55 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Bangladeshi journalists find Pakistan safe for cricket; praise ...11:52 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Carrefour Pakistan supports 50 deserving families in Lahore07:10 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Deal of the Century? Palestine rejects Trump's proposed Middle East ...06:57 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Khalil ur Rehman's Meray Paas tum Ho trends worldwide on Twitter12:47 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Bambi is next up for Disney ‘Live-Action’ remake12:32 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Here’s everything that happened at the 4th Hum Style Awards12:25 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019