De-seated Qasim Suri approaches SC against Election Tribunal decision
ISLAMABAD - Former deputy speaker National Assembly Qasim Suri has approached the Supreme Court against the decision of election tribunal.
According to media details, the appeal was filed by advocate Naeem Bukhari. The petitioner took the plea that tribunal didn't review the evidence.
Irregularities in the electoral process could not be attributed to his client, petitioner counsel said. The petitioner prayed the court that it should nullify the decision of the tribunal and appeal should be fixed for hearing tomorrow.
The election tribunal had declared the success of Qasim Suri null and void from Quetta and ordered re-election in the respective constituency. Baluchistan Awami Party candidate Lashkari Raisani had challenged the victory of Qasim Suri.
- Pakistani police hunt PM Imran Khan's nephew over PIC attack11:41 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan to chair 63rd session of UN Commission on Narcotic Drugs09:54 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- TCM: Pakistani scientists successfully test first traditional Chinese ...09:22 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan ranked the world's best holiday destination for 202008:56 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- PM Imran Khan meets Saudi crown prince on day-long visit08:39 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Brad Pitt addresses rumours regarding dating actress Alia Shawkat02:12 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Khuda Aur Mohabbat is coming again with season 301:59 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Tabla legend Ustad Ajmal Khan passes away in Islamabad12:50 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019