Top economists roped in as PM Imran installs new Economic Advisory Council
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Imran Khan has reconstituted an 11- member Economic Advisory Council (EAC) as part of his economic reforms agenda on Saturday, dropping a hint of how the government would tackle the economic crisis.
The council contains renowned economists including Dr Farrukh Iqbal who serves as the Director of well reputed Institute of Business Administration (IBA).
Other members include Dr Ashfaque Hassan Khan, Dr Ijaz Nabi, Dr Abid Qaiyum Sulehri, Dr Asad Zaman, Dr Naved Hamed, Syed Salim Raza, Dr Atif R. Mian and others.
The members have been picked up from the private sector while the council will have official members as well including the Finance Minister Asad Umar.
The EAC is an informal forum not required under the constitution and is normally reconstituted every time a new finance minister assumes charge. It has been constituted days after the Economic Coordination Committee was set up under the chair of Asad Umar.
- Pakistani police hunt PM Imran Khan's nephew over PIC attack11:41 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan to chair 63rd session of UN Commission on Narcotic Drugs09:54 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- TCM: Pakistani scientists successfully test first traditional Chinese ...09:22 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan ranked the world's best holiday destination for 202008:56 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- PM Imran Khan meets Saudi crown prince on day-long visit08:39 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Brad Pitt addresses rumours regarding dating actress Alia Shawkat02:12 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Khuda Aur Mohabbat is coming again with season 301:59 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Tabla legend Ustad Ajmal Khan passes away in Islamabad12:50 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019