Top economists roped in as PM Imran installs new Economic Advisory Council
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Imran Khan has reconstituted an 11- member Economic Advisory Council (EAC) as part of his economic reforms agenda on Saturday, dropping a hint of how the government would tackle the economic crisis.
The council contains renowned economists including Dr Farrukh Iqbal who serves as the Director of well reputed Institute of Business Administration (IBA).
Other members include Dr Ashfaque Hassan Khan, Dr Ijaz Nabi, Dr Abid Qaiyum Sulehri, Dr Asad Zaman, Dr Naved Hamed, Syed Salim Raza, Dr Atif R. Mian and others.
The members have been picked up from the private sector while the council will have official members as well including the Finance Minister Asad Umar.
The EAC is an informal forum not required under the constitution and is normally reconstituted every time a new finance minister assumes charge. It has been constituted days after the Economic Coordination Committee was set up under the chair of Asad Umar.
- Ali Zafar performs soulful rendition of Allama Iqbal’s 'Lab Pe Aati ...11:38 PM | 14 Nov, 2019
- One dead, several injured in California high school shooting11:26 PM | 14 Nov, 2019
- Sharif family preferred money to Nawaz’s health: Firdous Ashiq Awan10:28 PM | 14 Nov, 2019
- Armed men placed to protect tomato farms from thieves in Sindh09:32 PM | 14 Nov, 2019
- Govt removes Dr Saeed Elahi as Chairman Pakistan Red Crescent Society08:29 PM | 14 Nov, 2019
- Kylie Jenner's alleged stalker sentenced to prison03:31 PM | 14 Nov, 2019
- Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas spend whopping $20 million on new home ...03:03 PM | 14 Nov, 2019
- Saddam Hussain is a real hero: Ahad Raza Mir02:37 PM | 14 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019
- Google releases the list of most popular Pakistani YouTube Ads of 201803:31 PM | 25 Jan, 2019