Top economists roped in as PM Imran installs new Economic Advisory Council
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Imran Khan has reconstituted an 11- member Economic Advisory Council (EAC) as part of his economic reforms agenda on Saturday, dropping a hint of how the government would tackle the economic crisis.
The council contains renowned economists including Dr Farrukh Iqbal who serves as the Director of well reputed Institute of Business Administration (IBA).
Other members include Dr Ashfaque Hassan Khan, Dr Ijaz Nabi, Dr Abid Qaiyum Sulehri, Dr Asad Zaman, Dr Naved Hamed, Syed Salim Raza, Dr Atif R. Mian and others.
The members have been picked up from the private sector while the council will have official members as well including the Finance Minister Asad Umar.
The EAC is an informal forum not required under the constitution and is normally reconstituted every time a new finance minister assumes charge. It has been constituted days after the Economic Coordination Committee was set up under the chair of Asad Umar.
- Bismah excited to lead Pakistan in ICC Women’s T20 WC03:50 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- UBG congratulates Anjum Nisar for becoming president of FPCCI03:44 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- Mahira Khan asks Shireen Mazari for an update on the Zainab bill02:39 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- HUM Style Awards 2020 nominations are out02:11 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019