WB approves additional financing of $700m for Dasu power project
WASHINGTON - The World Bank has approved 700 million US dollars additional financing to help Pakistan generate low-cost, renewable energy to provide affordable electricity supply to users.
In a press release, the World Bank said the Additional Financing for Dasu Hydropower Stage I Project will finance the transmission line to complete the first phase of the Dasu hydropower plant that will install 2,160 MW capacity along the main Indus River.
Plans for Stage II expansion will double the installed capacity to 4,320MW, making Dasu the largest hydropower plant in the country, the Radio Pakistan reported.
The project will help to lower the overall cost of energy generation in Pakistan, benefiting millions of energy users by making electricity more affordable for households and productive sectors.
- PM Imran hails top spy agency’s sacrifices for Pakistan09:00 PM | 3 Jun, 2020
- COVID19 – Here’s how PIA will bring back Pakistanis stranded in ...07:47 PM | 3 Jun, 2020
- Pakistan loses another doctor to Covid-1907:35 PM | 3 Jun, 2020
- Khyber Pakhtunkhwa reports Sikh doctor’s death from coronavirus07:32 PM | 3 Jun, 2020
- Lea Michele apologises after ‘Glee’ co-star Samantha Ware accused ...07:21 PM | 3 Jun, 2020
- Mahira Khan, Armeena Rana and others demand justice for Zohra Shah05:10 PM | 3 Jun, 2020
- I can’t return to Pakistan because people continue to ignore ...12:22 PM | 3 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020