Three Ukrainians arrested for hacking over 100 US companies
WASHINGTON - Three Ukrainians have been arrested for hacking more than 100 US companies and stealing millions of customer records, the Department of Justice announced Wednesday.
Dmytro Fedorov, 44, Fedir Hladyr, 33, and Andrii Kopakov, 30, were members of a "sophisticated international cybercrime group" called "FIN7," the department said in a statement.
"Since at least 2015, FIN7 members engaged in a highly sophisticated malware campaign targeting more than 100 US companies, predominantly in the restaurant, gaming, and hospitality industries," it said.
"FIN7 hacked into thousands of computer systems and stole millions of customer credit and debit card numbers, which the group used or sold for profit," it said.
The Justice Department said members of the "prolific hacking group" also targeted computer networks in Britain, Australia, and France.
It said Fedorov was arrested in Bielsko-Biala, Poland, and is being detained pending his extradition to the United States.
Hladyr was arrested in Dresden, Germany, and is being held in Seattle, Washington, pending trial, it said.
Kopakov is being detained in Spain pending a US extradition request, the department said.
- PM Imran congratulates Sri Lankan counterpart Rajapaksa over election ...11:30 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan to resume international flight operations at all airports ...10:57 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- NAB rejects allegations of striking plea bargain deal with 2 army ...09:23 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- At least 11 dead as Air India passenger plan skids off runway, splits ...09:10 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- What do you know about Ravi Riverfront Urban Development Project?08:36 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- A sneak peek inside Selena Gomez's HBO cooking show05:38 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- John Wick 5 announced, to film back-to-back with 4th installment05:14 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Ever since I was a child I’ve had a sleeping issue: Mahira Khan04:23 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020