Eighth Pakistani player tests positive for coronavirus, confirms PCB
CHRISTCHURCH - Pakistan on Wednesday announced that another member of the squad in New Zealand has tested positive for coronavirus, taking the total Covid-19 cases to eight.
According to Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB), Out of 54, a total of eight Pakistan cricket team members have tested positive following day 1, 3 and 6 tests.
The PCB said that out of the eight, two have been labelled "historic", making them "not infectious".
They are now observing the isolation period on the same floor as the other members of the squad who have tested negative, it further said.
The board also said that the New Zealand authorities may give the go-ahead for the team to train, in their managed isolation, following their day 9 tests if they return negative. However, the final approval still lies with the New Zealand Health Ministry.
The PCB said that the board is in close contact with the Pakistan team management in New Zealand. It added that the squad has been informed when they will be able to return to training.
- Biden gets POTUS accounts, but 'couldn’t care less for Twitter ...11:59 PM | 20 Jan, 2021
- COAS Bajwa visits Sialkot garrison, appreciates officers’ devotion ...11:52 PM | 20 Jan, 2021
- Bilawal felicitates US President Biden on inauguration11:29 PM | 20 Jan, 2021
- Pakistan PM Imran congratulates Joe Biden on POTUS inauguration10:54 PM | 20 Jan, 2021
- Alia Bhatt rushed to hospital amid shooting for 'Gangubai Kathiawadi'05:47 PM | 20 Jan, 2021
- Danish Taimoor pens down a heartfelt note for Ayeza Khan on 30th ...04:51 PM | 20 Jan, 2021
- WATCH - Trailer of Hareem Shah's first web series released02:19 PM | 20 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- 10 women celebs who lent their star power to UN06:50 PM | 5 Jan, 2021