Hasan, Imad and Sarfaraz left out as Pakistan name squad for West Indies series
LAHORE – Pakistan cricket selectors Thursday announced the T20I and ODI squads for the home series against the West Indies, which will be played in Karachi from 13-22 December.
The 20-over matches will count towards the ICC T20I Rankings, while the 50-over games will be part of the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup Super League.
From the 18 players who were part of the recently-concluded T20I series against Bangladesh, Hasan Ali, Imad Wasim, Sarfaraz Ahmed and Shoaib Malik have been left out, while fast bowler Mohammad Hasnain has been added to the 15-man squad.
Likewise, from the 17 players who were available for selection for the England ODIs in July, Asif Ali, Haider Ali, Iftikhar Ahmed, Khushdil Shah and Mohammad Wasim Jnr have replaced Faheem Ashraf, Hasan Ali, Salman Ali Agha and Sarfaraz Ahmed in the 17-member side, while Abdullah Shafique has been named as a traveling reserve.
Chief selector Muhammad Wasim: “As we have been playing T20Is since October and now have a pretty settled and balanced side, we have decided to reduce the number of players to 15. As such, we have not included Imad Wasim, Sarfaraz Ahmed and Shoaib Malik.
“For the ODIs, which we last played in July, we have accepted the team management’s request and provided them two additional resources.
“In consultation with Hasan Ali and taking into consideration that he has been playing non-stop cricket since returning from a back injury, we have decided to give him time off from this series.”
Squad for T20Is
Babar Azam, Shadab Khan, Asif Ali, Fakhar Zaman, Haider Ali, Haris Rauf, Iftikhar Ahmed, Khushdil Shah, Mohammad Hasnain, Mohammad Nawaz, Mohammad Rizwan, Mohammad Wasim Jnr, Shaheen Shah Afridi, Shahnawaz Dahani, Usman Qadir
Babar Azam, Shadab Khan, Asif Ali, Fakhar Zaman, Haider Ali, Haris Rauf, Iftikhar Ahmed, Imam-ul-Haq, Khushdil Shah, Mohammad Nawaz, Mohammad Rizwan, Mohammad Wasim Jnr, Mohammad Hasnain, Saud Shakeel, Shaheen Shah Afridi, Shahnawaz Dahani, Usman Qadir, Traveling reserve: Abdullah Shafique
Karachi stadium set to return to full capacity ... 11:28 AM | 2 Dec, 2021
ISLAMABAD – Stadium in the country’s largest metropolis is set to return to full capacity as the National ...
- Sadaf Kanwal and Shahroz Sazwari share first moments with newborn ...11:23 PM | 11 Aug, 2022
- Influencer Waliya Najib shares stunning clips from Europe vacation10:49 PM | 11 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan Navy saves crew members of sinking Indian vessel near Gwadar10:36 PM | 11 Aug, 2022
- Saba Qamar amuses fans with new video09:42 PM | 11 Aug, 2022
- Shilpa Shetty Kundra suffers leg injury during web-series shoot09:24 PM | 11 Aug, 2022
- Zara Noor Abbas creates a buzz on social media with new hair makeover08:44 PM | 11 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022