U.S embassy clarifies no change in visa policy for Pakistan
ISLAMABAD - U.S. Embassy spokesperson on Thursday said that the U.S. has not changed visa policy for Pakistan, adding that visas were being issued on a routine basis as these were issued before Donald Trump.
No new directions have been issued by the authorities regarding the Pakistan, the spokesperson said, besides terming the information regarding banning visa for Pakistanis baseless and rumours. It has not been put on a travel ban list so far, he added.
Earlier, the news items were doing circles in media that the White House had hinted that Pakistan could be included in US President Donald Trump's travel ban list. Trump recently signed an executive order that imposed a temporary ban on the arrival of citizens from Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Syria and Yemen.
It may be mentioned here that Trump, who is facing criticism, had signed an executive order that imposed a temporary ban on the arrival of citizens from Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Syria and Yemen.
- First bulk cargo ship reaches at Gwadar port: Asim Bajwa05:46 PM | 30 May, 2020
- UK to provide further support Pakistan in fight against coronavirus05:39 PM | 30 May, 2020
- ColorOS 7 update to arrive on these OPPO phones in June05:17 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Kylie Jenner is not a billionaire, says Forbes03:09 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Grammy-winning artists from 7 countries collaborate for a Pakistani ...05:16 PM | 29 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020