Philippines confirms first coronavirus death outside China
MOSCOW - The first death caused by coronavirus outside China has been confirmed in the Philippines, said the Philippines Department of Health and World Health Organization (WHO) on Sunday.
"A 44-year-old male is confirmed as the second person with the 2019 novel coronavirus acute respiratory disease (2019-nCoV) in the Philippines. He passed away on 1 February 2020," World Health Organization Philippines wrote on its Twitter account following a press conference.
WHO said the two patients were close contacts and both known residents of Wuhan, China, the epicenter of the lethal virus outbreak.
Latest reports say the death toll from the virus surged to 304 on Sunday amid strict measures to tackle the spread of the disease. More than 14,000 people have been diagnosed with the infection.
Britain, Russia and Sweden among the over two dozens countries where the virus-hit patients have been confirmed.
The WHO Thursday declared the situation a global health emergency, and nations have started taking extraordinary steps to control the spread of the disease.
Pakistan has made the submission of a Health Declaration Form mandatory for all passengers entering Pakistan. which The form include contact details and brief travel history as per the instruction issued by the Ministry of Health.
- PIA directed to control fares after overcharging complaints07:13 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- PTI MNA tests positive for coronavirus as health crisis deepens in ...06:35 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Huawei Nova 7i – The hottest selling secret weapon of mobile gamers06:05 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Sri Lanka to reopen for tourism in August, with strict coronavirus ...05:27 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- COVID-19: NDMA delivers 286 ventilators to federating units04:42 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Pakistani celebrities who never endorsed fairness products01:50 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Kanye West donates $2 million, establishes college fund for George ...08:24 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Meghan Markle speaks out about ‘Black Lives Matter’07:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020