KPK bags share in CPEC with seven mega-projects
Talking to newsmen in Nowshera after his return from the sixth Joint Cooperation Committee (JCC) meeting on CPEC in Beijing, Khattak said the approved projects include laying of a double rail track between Peshawar and Karachi, erection of the Diamer-Bhasha Dam, a double road, laying of a railway track, and an optic fibre network between Gilgit and Abbottabad.
"Construction of an industrial estate at Hattar, conversion of the Peshawar-Dera Ismail Khan road into a double carriage way and construction of a railway line between the two cities are among the seven projects approved," Khattak added.
Earlier this week, Chinese authorities had also given the go-ahead regarding the inclusion of three development projects in Sindh under the CPEC plan.
The JCC meeting had expressed satisfaction over progress achieved so far in the areas of energy cooperation and transportation infrastructure.
- Pakistan extends Benazir Kafalat Programme to transgender community11:17 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Security forces kill terrorist commander in North Waziristan10:50 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Iqra Aziz has the sweetest birthday wish for Yasir Hussain10:25 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Emirati themed Jazz and Opera concerts captivate visitors to ...09:59 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- 'Mastermind' of Sidhu Moose Wala’s murder detained in USA07:56 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Armeena Khan claps back at haters trolling her for her maternity ...09:22 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022