Pakistan rejects new Indian army chief's irresponsible statement about "pre-emptive strikes" across LoC
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan has rejected new Indian Army Chief, Lt Gen Manoj Mukund Naravane's irresponsible statement about "pre-emptive strikes" across the Line of Control (LoC) inside Azad Jammu & Kashmir.
In a statement, Foreign Office Spokesperson Aisha Farooqui said that Pakistan deplores the continuing proclivity of Indian political as well as military leaders to fabricate facts regarding situation along the LoC as part of their attempts to mislead the world and with the intention of staging some false flag operation.
She said there should be no doubt about Pakistan's resolve and readiness to thwart any aggressive Indian move, inside its territory or Azad Jammu and Kashmir.
The Spokesperson said no one should forget Pakistan's befitting response to India's Balakot misadventure.
She said despite India's provocations, Pakistan will continue to contribute towards peace, security and stability in the region and beyond.
She also reaffirmed Pakistan's unflinching support and solidarity with the Kashmiri people as the inhuman lockdown in Indian Occupied Kashmir reaches 150 days.
Aisha Farooqui said Pakistan will continue to raise the plight of Kashmiris at all international fora.
She said India's farcical claims of "normalcy" returning to the situation in Occupied Kashmir carry no credibility, the Radio Pakistan reported.
She said Pakistan will continue to stress for urgent and effective steps by the world community to stop India's state terrorism against the Kashmiri people.
- Coronavirus — Pakistan to open four western borders from Sunday10:47 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- UAE allows citizens, residents to travel abroad09:53 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- COAS Bajwa expresses grief over loss of lives in Sheikhupura train ...09:04 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran says 'excellent' CPEC project to be completed at any cost08:21 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Private college teacher arrested for allegedly raping, filming ...08:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Samina Peerzada pays her respects to the late Saroj Khan03:22 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan passes away at 7110:50 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Kashmiri lives also matter, says Mehwish Hayat10:15 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020