Pakistan rejects new Indian army chief's irresponsible statement about "pre-emptive strikes" across LoC
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan has rejected new Indian Army Chief, Lt Gen Manoj Mukund Naravane's irresponsible statement about "pre-emptive strikes" across the Line of Control (LoC) inside Azad Jammu & Kashmir.
In a statement, Foreign Office Spokesperson Aisha Farooqui said that Pakistan deplores the continuing proclivity of Indian political as well as military leaders to fabricate facts regarding situation along the LoC as part of their attempts to mislead the world and with the intention of staging some false flag operation.
She said there should be no doubt about Pakistan's resolve and readiness to thwart any aggressive Indian move, inside its territory or Azad Jammu and Kashmir.
The Spokesperson said no one should forget Pakistan's befitting response to India's Balakot misadventure.
She said despite India's provocations, Pakistan will continue to contribute towards peace, security and stability in the region and beyond.
She also reaffirmed Pakistan's unflinching support and solidarity with the Kashmiri people as the inhuman lockdown in Indian Occupied Kashmir reaches 150 days.
Aisha Farooqui said Pakistan will continue to raise the plight of Kashmiris at all international fora.
She said India's farcical claims of "normalcy" returning to the situation in Occupied Kashmir carry no credibility, the Radio Pakistan reported.
She said Pakistan will continue to stress for urgent and effective steps by the world community to stop India's state terrorism against the Kashmiri people.
- Corruption biggest hindrance to reforms, says PM Imran04:48 PM | 23 Jan, 2020
- Patient killed after Rescue 1122 ambulance falls into Muzaffargarh ...04:32 PM | 23 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan's rank drops by three spots in global corruption index04:20 PM | 23 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan conducts successful training launch of ballistic missile ...03:14 PM | 23 Jan, 2020
- Mohsin Abbas Haider refuses to pay for childcare01:46 PM | 23 Jan, 2020
- Gohar Rasheed to be a part of Nadeem Baig's London Nahi Jaunga01:37 PM | 23 Jan, 2020
- Weinstein rape trial opens with clashing portrayals of ex-Hollywood ...01:31 PM | 23 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019