‘Pakistan ranked 6th among high disease burden countries’
This was revealed in the economic survey launched by Finance Minister Ishaq Dar during a press conference here on Thursday.
The incidence of TB stands at 231 per 100,000 persons and prevalence of about 300 cases per 100,000 population.
National TB Control Program (NTP) has achieved over 80 percent Directly Observed Treatment System (DOTS) coverage in the public sector and over the last five years the program has provided care to more than half a million TB patients in Pakistan.
The program is moving steadily to achieve the global target of 70 percent case detection.
Currently with a total number of 211500 notified TB patients in the country, Pakistan ranks among the 22 high TB burden countries and the treatment success rate remained 91 percent.
- Pakistan’s ‘best bank' denies trans rights activist an account ...11:52 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Pakistan Air Force chief meets Turkish defence industries head11:22 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- WATCH – Woman accusing Babar Azam of sexual abuse says video of her ...11:08 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Punjab CM Buzdar lays foundation stone of Sheikhupura-Gujranwala road10:45 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- US threatens India with sanctions over purchase of Russian S-400 air ...10:39 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Selena Gomez shares the reason behind calling out Mark Zuckerberg ...07:32 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Ayeza Khan celebrates 30th birthday04:22 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Details of Varun Dhawan-Natasha Dalal's wedding revealed03:58 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- 10 women celebs who lent their star power to UN06:50 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- #2020InReview – Pakistan's initiatives in the year 202010:55 PM | 4 Jan, 2021