The Chinese girl with four kidneys
Xiaolin was healthy all her childhood but visited hospital after experiencing lower back pain regularly.
An ultrasound she underwent showed her with four kidneys, leaving people shocked, state-run People’s Daily reported.
Read more: The Kidney Valley of Nepal
A doctor related to the case explained that it was a disease called Renal Duplex Monstrosity. “The mortality rate for this is one in 1,500 people, which means most of the people would not even realize they have this problem throughout their entire life,” the doctor said.
The additional kidneys are not much of use as they usually attach themselves to the regular functioning ones and thus they cannot be easily removed, the report said.
“Consequently, functionally speaking, extra kidneys cannot be removed and used to help others in need,” said the doctor.
Doctors eventually performed a ureteral replantation surgery and removed Xiaolin’s extra kidneys. She is now recovering from the operation.
- #JusticeforChuck – Protest against animal abuse, killings in Lahore ...07:02 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- WATCH – Foodpanda riders and KFC staff brawl goes viral06:27 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- PM Imran terms Shaukat Khanum hospital in Karachi biggest, most ...06:09 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- Indian farmers reject BJP-led govt’s offer to suspend controversial ...05:56 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- Aamir Liaquat’s spouse Tuba sizzles in new photoshoot03:44 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021