The Chinese girl with four kidneys
Xiaolin was healthy all her childhood but visited hospital after experiencing lower back pain regularly.
An ultrasound she underwent showed her with four kidneys, leaving people shocked, state-run People’s Daily reported.
Read more: The Kidney Valley of Nepal
A doctor related to the case explained that it was a disease called Renal Duplex Monstrosity. “The mortality rate for this is one in 1,500 people, which means most of the people would not even realize they have this problem throughout their entire life,” the doctor said.
The additional kidneys are not much of use as they usually attach themselves to the regular functioning ones and thus they cannot be easily removed, the report said.
“Consequently, functionally speaking, extra kidneys cannot be removed and used to help others in need,” said the doctor.
Doctors eventually performed a ureteral replantation surgery and removed Xiaolin’s extra kidneys. She is now recovering from the operation.
- Adnan Siddiqui, Humayun Saeed team up for new Pak-Turk project11:53 PM | 5 Dec, 2020
- Virgin Atlantic launches direct flights for Pakistan next week11:14 PM | 5 Dec, 2020
- PIA removed from EU Commission’s list of banned airlines10:41 PM | 5 Dec, 2020
- Punjab governor, wife volunteer for COVID-19 vaccine trial10:19 PM | 5 Dec, 2020
- Hadiqa Kiani responds to ‘hair loss’ lawsuit07:50 PM | 5 Dec, 2020
- Agha Ali celebrates birthday with family07:04 PM | 5 Dec, 2020
- ‘Beautiful bond’ between Rahim Pardesi's wives sparks online ...09:55 PM | 5 Dec, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020