SHC serves notice to KE chief over unannounced power cuts
The troubles of the citizens worsened due to a spat between the KE and the Sui Southern Gas Company over the low supply of gas.
He added that the company was carrying out unannounced loadshedding; therefore, contempt proceedings against Tareen and others responsible should be initiated.
The high court later served a notice to the KE chief and adjourned the case until May 24.
Karachiites have been complaining about the burgeoning power outages on social media.
CM Sindh suggests staging sit-in outside PM House ... 09:30 AM | 20 Apr, 2018
KARACHI - Chief Minister Sindh Murad Ali Shah has suggested all political parties stage a sit-in outside the Prime ...
Earlier, the National Electric Power Regulatory Authority (NEPRA) declared K-Electric responsible for prolonged outages in the metropolis, requesting the federal government not only to provide gas to the power producing utility but also take action against it.
- Former Mossad chief reveals how Israel stole Iranian nuclear documents11:55 PM | 11 Jun, 2021
- US lawmaker removed for helping crowd breach State Capitol10:45 PM | 11 Jun, 2021
- Meesha Shafi and Aagha Ali concerned for uniformed personnel, ...06:28 PM | 11 Jun, 2021
- Here’s how ‘detective’ Muneeb Butt caught a thief (VIDEO)03:26 PM | 11 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM reaches Turkey on diplomatic mission to highlight ...05:56 PM | 18 May, 2021