SC expresses anger over massive tree cutting in Islamabad
The two-member bench of the apex court led by Justice Sheikh Azmat Saeed resumed the hearing of a suo motu notice over stone crushing and cutting of trees in Margalla Hills.
Expressing dismay over the lackluster performance of the CDA in implementing the court's directives, Justice Azmat Saeed observed that the civic body seems to stop delivering.
He remarked that "CDA is not a Capital Development Authority but Capital Dictation Authority". He said that despite apex court clear-cut directions regarding the cutting of trees this illegal practice get speed and still going on. “The Capital administration and CDA should feel embarrassed," he observed.
During the hearing, Wildlife presented the report regarding cutting of trees on which the apex court expressed dismay. Justice Sheikh categorically observed if the capital of the country is not safe from illegal activities then the rest of the country is likely much worse.-Online
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan – 16 August 202208:21 AM | 16 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan vs Netherlands: First match of ODI series to be played today12:35 AM | 16 Aug, 2022
- Another medal for Pakistan at Islamic Games12:21 AM | 16 Aug, 2022
- Tiger Shroff addresses Disha Patani breakup rumours11:59 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Pakistani Hajj pilgrims to receive Rs150,000 in subsidy from tomorrow11:25 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Nauman Ijaz shows PDA for wife on her birthday09:31 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Dananeer Mobeen's vivacious personality comes out in new video09:55 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Alia Bhatt gives fans a sneak peek into her adorable babymoon10:25 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022