Serial rapist of Chunian kids remanded in police custody for 15 days
ATC Judge Abdul Qayyum Khan conducted the proceedings, wherein the accused, Sohail Shahzad, was produced amid tight security.
The court ordered for removing a cover from the face of the accused and inquired about his identity after which the accused stated that he was Sohail Shahzad and requested that he should not be tortured.
A prosecutor argued before the court that the accused was involved in rape and murder of four children and was arrested after his DNA matched the samples collected from the bodies of the children found killed in Chunian. He pleaded with the court for handing over the accused on physical remand for further investigations.
At this, the court handed over the accused to the police on 15-day physical remand and directed for producing him again on expiry of the remand term.
Serial rapist involved in murder of 4 Chunian ... 09:50 PM | 1 Oct, 2019
KASUR - The prime suspect alleged of killing four children after rape in Chunian, Kasur, was arrested by Punjab police, ...
The Punjab police and other law-enforcement agencies arrested the accused, Sohail Shahzad, 27, on Oct 1, after his DNA matched the samples collected from the bodies of the children found killed in Chunian.
Shahzad had been arrested on the charges of kidnapping, raping and killing Imran, 12, Salman, 9, Ali Hasnain and Faizan, both 8.
Chief Minister Punjab Usman Buzdar, while addressing a press conference on Tuesday, said he will be personally monitoring the case and the hearing of the case in anti-terrorism court would be conducted on a daily basis.
- Inzamam discharged from hospital after heart procedure12:35 AM | 29 Sep, 2021
- Britain puts army on standby as fuel supply crisis deepens amid panic ...11:37 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Security forces kill 10 terrorists including four commanders in ...10:49 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Taliban warn US, others against ‘encroaching on Afghan airspace’10:26 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- American superstar R. Kelly found guilty in sex trafficking trial04:59 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Famous YouTubers Shomaila and Hassam part ways04:09 PM | 28 Sep, 2021