Pakistan, China to remain 'eternal, irreplaceable' friends: Mamnoon
Addressing a luncheon jointly hosted by China International Culture Communication Centre (CICCC) and China-Pakistan Friendship Association (CPFA) here, the President said Pakistan was committed to ensure continuity in Pakistan-China friendship from generation to generation.
President Mamnoon said regional economic integration, connectivity and infrastructure development was the collective vision of Pakistan and China.
He said Pakistan, being located at the southern end of the Silk Road Economic Belt, had a geographical and political relevance with this vision.
He said China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) will not only prove helpful in regional connectivity and prosperity, but also promote development in the region.
Mamnoon urged the Chinese companies to explore the Pakistani markets and invest in mutually beneficial and profitable areas including manufacturing, energy, infrastructure, textiles and agriculture sectors.
The President said he was visiting China to attend the 70th anniversary of the culmination of World War II and stressed upon international community to draw lessons from history and explore effective approaches to safeguard international peace and security.
He mentioned that Pakistani forces had struck major blows to terrorists through the Operation Zarb-e-Azb, which he said would continue till the elimination of terrorism from the Pakistani soil.
The President emphasized on further expanding exchanges between think-tanks, media, youth, academics and artists of the two countries to make the friendship more deep-rooted at public level.
He said China-Pakistan Friendship Association (CPFA) and China International Culture Communication Centre (CICCC) were playing an important role in cementing relations between the two countries.
Sha Zukang, President CPFA emphasized the importance of Sino-Pak relations and said 100 Chinese entrepreneurs would visit Pakistan this year to further consolidate business and trade
Later, a colourful cultural programme was presented with a variety of traditional music and dances.
The event was attended by Prime Minister's Special Assistant Tariq Fatemi, Ambassador to China Masood Khalid, and Chinese academics, corporate leaders, intellectuals and representative of think-tanks.
The China-Pakistan Friendship Association was founded in 1956 with an aim to promote economic and cultural links, and cooperate in fields of science, education and trade between the two countries.
- 'Neelofar' starring Fawad, and Mahira gets a release date08:54 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Punjab police to take over Banigala's security after Gill’s arrest08:10 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan braces for more rains under new monsoon spell07:18 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Eshal Fayyaz gives befitting reply to trolls for moral policing05:58 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Adeel Chaudhry spills the beans on his wedding plans05:06 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Natasha Ali Lakhani wins hearts with latest video02:05 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani stars celebrate Eidul-Adha in style06:20 PM | 10 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022