Ousted Nawaz Sharif opts to fight legal battle against Panama verdict
ISLAMABAD - Former prime minister Nawaz Sharif has reportedly decided to continue the legal battle following the unexpected verdict in Panama Papers case, local media reported.
It is being reported that Nawaz Sharif would file an appeal challenging the decision regarding his disqualification, besides submitting a separate constitutional plea seeking full bench hearing of the case.
The option was put forward by the legal team of Nawaz Sharif to which he has expressed consent.
It is notable that Supreme Court had disqualified Nawaz Sharif on July 28 for his failure to declare his job with a company, Capital FZE, in nomination papers for General Election 2013.
The court had also ordered the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) to file references against Nawaz Sharif, his children and Ishaq Dar.
- US train riders ‘held up phones as woman was raped’, could face ...01:45 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Here’s how Pakistan Navy detected and blocked Indian submarine from ...01:20 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Drone flies lungs between two hospitals for transplant patient in ...12:55 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Afghan Taliban start building their own air force12:35 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- T-20 World Cup: Scotland beat Papua New Guinea by 17 runs12:13 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Kumail Nanjiani dressed up in a Pakistani designer at Eternals ...02:00 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Ayeza Khan’s new fashion look gets trolled by netizens05:25 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Alka Yagnik has the sweetest birthday wish for Imran Abbas05:10 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021