Pakistan renames Kashmir Highway as Srinagar Highway
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan has renamed the Kashmir Highway as Srinagar Highway in the Federal Capital ahead of Youm-e-Istehsal.
According to media details, the move came to express solidarity with the people of Indian occupied Kashmir on the first anniversary of Indian government scrapping special status of the occupied Kashmir.
The highway will be officially inaugurated on August 5.
All the direction boards have also been changed with the Srinagar Highway name.
Earlier, foreign minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi had announced to observe ‘Youm-e-Istehsal-e-Kashmir’ (Day of Exploitation in occupied Kashmir) on August 5.
Last year, Modi government launched demographic apartheid in Illegally Indian occupied Jammu and Kashmir and divided the region into three parts.
- Suzuki likely to unveil 9th Generation Alto this year11:48 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan to create tech-based farms to promote exports11:04 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan’s UN envoy Munir intensified efforts to accomplish ...09:57 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- PAMI elects Prof Dr. Chaudhry Abdul Rehman as new president08:50 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Queen Elizabeth strips disgraced Harvey Weinstein of top royal honour02:43 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Asim Abbasi apologises for copying French artist Malika Favre's work ...02:30 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy roped in to co-direct a Marvel film01:48 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020