Lightning strike leaves at least 26 dead in India
NEW DELHI - At least 26 people were killed due to fresh lightning and thunderstorm in Indian eastern state of Bihar.
According to disaster management department Bihar, the deaths have taken place in Patna, East Champaran, Samastipur, Sheohar, Katihar, Madhepura, Purnia, West Champaran districts.
On Tuesday 11 people were killed in similar strikes in the state.
On June 26, at least 130 people died due to heavy rains and lightning in the state.
At present India is in the grip of southwest monsoon and several parts are experiencing heavy rainfall.
- How to complete PSL 6? ShahidAfridi shares his formula following ...11:11 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- Man awarded death sentence for raping five-year-old girl in Rawalpindi09:31 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021